119048Moscow, Usacheva str., 6
phone/fax: +7 (495) 624-26-16
phone: +7 (495) 916-89-05
The job involves:
· joining one of our research groups within the department or the associated laboratories (see below) in performing high-quality research;
· pursuingindependent research in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics in parallel with working on joint projects with faculty members and researchers of HSE
· writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
· participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the development of Mathematics Faculty and the associated laboratories
· public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
· some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD (or equivalent, including Russian Candidate of Science degree) from a research university in such fields as: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
- a strong background and an established research record in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here . Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by April 1, 2016. Please note that direct applications to the Faculty of Mathematics may not be reviewed.
About the HSEThe HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities (http://hse.ru/en,http://soc.hse.ru/en/, http://linis.hse.ru/) .
About the Faculty of Mathematics
The Faculty of Mathematics was opened in 2008. Since then, it has become a leading place in Russia for attracting researchers in Mathematics and mathematical students. The Faculty has Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. programs in Mathematics. It collaborates with the Steklov Mathematical Institute, the Institute for Information Transmission Problems, and the Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (world renowned research institutes). Jointly with the Independent University of Moscow, the Faculty publishes the Moscow Mathematical Journal and runs 'Math in Moscow', a “study abroad” program for North-American students.
From THE REPORT OF THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD by Pierre Deligne, Sergey Fomin, Andrey Okounkov, Tetsuji Miwa, Stanislav Smirnov (September 2013): 'The Board is very much impressed by the current state of academic affairs at the Department. Within 5 years of its creation, the HSE has become the leading Russian institution of higher learning in pure mathematics.
Affiliated with the Faculty of Mathematics are the following international research units:
· International Laboratory of Algebraic Geometry and its Applications
(AcademicSupervisor – F.Bogomolov)
· International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics
(Academic Supervisor – A. Okounkov)
Fourteen of our faculty members and researches of the associated laboratories are invited speakers of the International Congress of Mathematicians.Apply now